Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our first monster visiter

Shortly after I finished singing the last lullaby and tucked Chloe and Tyler into bed for the night, I wasn't even done slipping on my pj's, when I hear Chloe slip not-so-subtly out of her room to find me.
"There's a monster under my bed mommy!"
I asked if it was a Cookie Monster? She shook her head no.
Is it Grover or Elmo?
Again she shook her head.
Is it the Happy Monster Band?
"No."
So we went in her room, I turned on the light and asked if she could see the Monster under her bed. She said she could. I turned off the light again and told her that if there is ever a monster under her bed she can sing "Twinkle Twinkle" and the monster will be so tired it will go home to bed. That seemed to work. We both sang together and I was soon able to leave, closing her door behind me.
Who knows if it will stick, this is my first experience in monster hunting. So, if any of you have more knowledge of my new found profession, I would be happy to learn any tips from any other monster hunters.
Sounds like Chloe and Tyler are now playing in the room, wide awake. So I better go make sure they get settled down. Discovering monsters under the bed can be very invigorating, I suppose.

2 comments:

SarahCeleste said...

That is so sweet...looks like you are one of the more creative monster hunters I have heard of...do what works...sounds like a childrens book

Bethany said...

That is so cute. I'm glad your solution worked!